Finding the Best Remy Hair Weave for Black Women
|November 4, 2012||Filled under Brazilian Remy Hair, Hair Extensions, Remy Hair, Remy Hair Weave, Remy Human Hair|
Not all women are lucky enough to have perfect hair and for those of us who have less than perfect growing on our heads we have to resort to weaves. Remy hair weave is said to be the best choice about these days and this is most definitely the truth.
It is quite easy to be tempted by the more affordable options even though we know this may mean that we are compromising quality. You should know by now that real Remy hair is a bit pricey but that it is better quality in more ways than one. Though we may not all be able to afford the best, we can ensure that we are getting the best our money can buy. And here we are going to look at a couple brands to help you make your decision. This is especially useful for those who have never purchased Remy hair before and know nothing about the different brands available that sell Remy hair weave.
For the best results and a wave that looks impeccable you must go with 100% virgin Remy/Remi hair. This is best because it will not shed or tangle and you can wash it and reuse it for multiple installations. All these great features are because the Remy hair weave has all the cuticles still in tact on the hair shaft and all aligned in the same direction as they were naturally growing out of the donors scalp. This is not a feature you find in synthetic hair extensions and even in other human hair extensions. This is why Remy hair extensions and weaves have a very natural appearance and are shiny, silky, soft and tangle free.
Here are some of the brands of hair you will come across when you search for Remy hair weave.
- Indique Hair is a company that offers virgin remy hair weaves. This brand has been worn by the likes of singer Cassie, supermodel Chanel Iman and Angela Simmons.
- Sensational’s Bare N Natural Indian Virgin Remy is a very exclusive product. It was once only available through private arrangements. This hair comes in it’s most natural state. It is highly elastic so one has no need to worry about tangling. It is strong and thus is very durable and is very resilient against heat as well as against water. The Goddess Collection is another good hair choice from Sensationel but is more affordable.
- Extensions Plus is also a great name when you are looking for a premium remy hair weave. The company is well known and respected in the wig and hair extension industry. The Los Angeles California company caters to both consumers and stylists. Celebrities that have worn these extensions include Lauren London and Raven Symone.
- Cuticle Remy XQ is good quality remy hair with a very resilient cuticle. It imparts a bold shine and exudes the look and feel of extremely healthy hair. It features a weft design that makes it shed-free and which also makes it reusable after many washes.
- Hair from the Bohyme Platinum Collection is also another great choice of remy hair weave for black women. This hair goes through a number of control methods to ensure that it is of the highest quality when it gets to the consumer. The hair is always picked individually and aligned to ensure that all the hair cuticles are aligned in the same direction. It is specifically made for women with wavy and curly hair types.
- True Indian Hair is one hair collection that is a favorite of Kelly Rowland who is a R&B singer. It is unprocessed virgin hair and so you can color it if you like. It is one of the pricier options but with the right care it will last for more than six months up to a year.
Now that you know about some of the hair brands on the market you need to also know some more things that will help you to determine which type of remy hair weave is the best for you.
- What style do you want? If you like to wear your hair straight all or most of the time then you surely shouldn’t get a curly or wavy hair type. If you want hair that can be worn curly and straight as you wish you will need to ensure that you are getting the best quality hair since there are some that are mixed with synthetic hair which cannot take heat from a curling iron. If you want hair that will wave up when wet you need to chose a Brazilian Remy hair weave that will do just that. You also need to consider whether you want long or short hair as this will affect the amount of inches you would purchase.
- You also need to think about your natural hair type if you want to leave some of that hair out to be blended with the weave. If your hair is extremely coarse then you should not buy silky hair. This will lead to daily flat ironing that will damage your own natural hair. Also get a color that will match your hair easily so that you don’t end up looking like a hot mess. If you choose to get a closure then you don’t have to worry about the texture or the color of your own hair or of the hair extension for that matter.
- Your budget is of course another factor that you must consider. It is most often true that we get what we pay for so if you can afford a better quality then you should get it. But sometimes more expensive doesn’t necessarily mean a better quality. You can find a lot of advice on specific brands and colors from ladies on forums and you can even google some product reviews as well.
- The next thing you want to keep in mind is just how long you expect your hair to last. Do you just want it for a week, a couple weeks. If you just need it for a week you could buy a cheaper hair type but if you are looking for a long term hair solution you want to ensure that you are purchasing premium grade 100% Remy hair.
- This is especially important if you want hair that will last you through many installs. If you crunch some numbers you will find that buying the more expensive hair can work out better for the long term. If you were to buy 2 packs of regular hair at $25 per pack. If you change your weave every two months and go one month in between without any weaves. By the end of the year I would have spent $200 in total. So why not purchase a Remy hair weave for $200 in the beginning of the year and reuse it for the rest of the year? It works out be the same you see and if you take extreme care of it you may even get it to last beyond that year if you are lucky.